Buying an aquarium stand is a wise decision, as it makes both the house and the aquarium look more elegant. Since you’ve made up your mind to get an aquarium stand, we will give you a breakdown of the best aquariums stands for your home.
Just like a vase is to a flower, a frame to a picture and a key ring to your keys, so is an aquarium stand to an aquarium. Aside from having a beautiful aquarium with healthy fish in it, it is also important to have the best available stand in the market.
Imagine having a beautiful flower in a chipped, dirty, or unfashionable vase! At the same time, imagine having your beautiful Mercedes Benz keys attached to some dirty, old piece of plastic in place of a proper key holder! It does not look good, right? The same principle applies if you rest your aquarium on a crate of beer or some old furniture. It actually negates the whole experience of having an aquarium as the centerpiece of the house. As a rule, it is paramount to have a beautiful aquarium stand for absolute elegance in the home.
Good stands complement aquariums. Buying the best stand for a decorative and functional aquarium will magnify the interior design of your home and highlight the aquarium as the focal point.
The stand can support a lizard aquarium or a fish tank. If you already have a fish tank with a well fitted pump
, then a good aquarium stand is the next step. In addition, to improve the functionality of your fish tank
, it is important to look for the best filter
in the market that will fit your aquarium. That said, showcasing your aquarium does not necessarily mean that the stand has to be expensive or complicated. There are simple stands, classic, and elegant ones. Below are some of the major aspects you should consider when buying an aquarium stand.
Aquarium stands are fairly inexpensive. The prices mostly depend on the material that is used to make the stand. Glass stands are usually more expensive than wooden ones. Nonetheless, the price will range from about $40 to $800. This, however, does not mean that the prices cannot go higher than that. You might need to dig a little deeper for the more modern and popular brands.
As for the cheaper aquarium stands, the size might be a little small for your liking, and the material and construction might not be strong enough to safely support your aquarium. This means you should be prepared to spend a little more to get your desired stand.
If you happen to be a fish enthusiast, here are some aspects of the aquarium stand that you should watch out for:
- Type and Design -Depending on your taste, you can get an adjustable, reversible or a nano stand.
- Size -Take into account the size of your aquarium to get an indication of the size of stand you should look for.
- Capacity -The capacity of your stand should correspond to the number of gallons that your aquarium can hold. Good stands can hold from 6 to 60 gallons.
- Materials -Depending on the weight of your fish tank, along with your aesthetic preferences, you can choose from wood, steel, or other materials.
- Color -Match the color of the stand to the color of your decor or fish tank.
Construction and Design
You should look at a product from different perspectives before buying it. Apart from price, there is a lot to look for in a product. For example, you should not ignore type and style. Below is a comprehensive list of these vital aspects:
- Flipping/Reversible Stand- Some aquarium stands can be switched from a 10-gallon stand to a 20-gallon stand to suit your needs.
- Dual Tank Stand- With a dual tank stand, you can actually have two aquariums on a single stand. This saves you space in the room.
- Stand and Full System- Why buy a stand and an aquarium separately? Some aquarium stands are fitted with an aquarium on top. While they might be relatively pricey, a match is guaranteed.
- Modern/Adjustable- Some aquarium stands are flexible, making assembly easier.
- Nano Tank Stand- Depending on the size of your aquarium, you can always use it vertically or horizontally; meaning that you can use any side of the stand.
People have different tastes and preferences. Most people consider color when buying a product. Like other products, aquarium stands come in different colors including brown, oak, black or cherry. Besides, you need to select a stand that matches your aquarium.
Sometimes I wish everything was made to last forever. It makes sense to buy a product that lasts. Aquarium stands are made with different durable materials including steel and wood. Also, some stands are carefully fitted with wood panels, making them more durable.
Performance and Ease of Use
Capacity is at the heart of a stand’s performance. The higher the capacity, the bigger the workload it can handle. In this case, it is important to note the capacity of the fish tank in question before deciding on the stand. If you are considering increasing the size of your aquarium in the future, you might need to select an aquarium stand that is bigger than your present one.
At times, you might need to move your aquarium. That is a good reason to find a portable aquarium stand. Aquarium stands come in different sizes and weights. If you get a lighter one, you can move them from one point to another within your home or office.
Whereas some aquarium stands are fixed with screws to the aquarium, others are not. Depending on your selection, all aquarium stands are easy to handle.
We hope that after reading our review you have a better understanding of the types of aquarium stands available to you, whether you are a new or veteran fish hobbyist!