Choose a body massager of the right design, massage type, modes, and size, and one that's good for the body part you want relaxed. Consider any other features it comes with. Do you want a heating, Shiatsu, Swedish, or percussion massager? A good body massager is powerful, fast, safe, warranty-protected, and ideal for relaxing your entire body or the specific part you want invigorated. Find out if one of our recommended body massagers is what you need.
Body massagers are designed for both home use, and professional use in spas or clinical settings, to relax tight muscles, relieving your body of stress. They come in different brands, types, color finishes, modes of operation and designs. While some body massagers are designed to target specific body parts, such as the feet or face, others can be used to relax your entire body. Some body massagers come in the form of mats, pillows and cushions, while others come as standalone or handheld devices.
Body massagers can minimize body pains and relax sore muscles. They can offer you spa-like treatment from the comfort of your home, saving you regular trips to a spa for massage. Using body massagers comes with a range of health benefits, such as reduction of stress and management of depression and anxiety symptoms. Although it's not necessary, you can use them with essential oils
for added therapeutic benefits.
A body massager can relieve stiffness and pain. It stimulates the release of endorphins from your brain to help with pain management. For instance, you can relieve migraine pain by using body massagers to trigger the release of "happy" hormones from the brain to other parts of the body.
A proper massage can relax and soften overused, tired or sore body muscles. This comes in handy after an intensive workout or if you’re a victim of sports injuries. Body massagers enhance blood circulation, ensuring nutrients and oxygen reach various parts of your body such as organs and tissues. This also helps lower blood pressure.
Body massagers help improve the body’s immune system and stimulate the lymphatic system for enhanced body protection. The massagers can also enhance your skin tone and remove dead skin cells. With stimulated blood flow, you can benefit from a healthy skin appearance.
Using body massagers also promotes tissue regeneration to minimize the appearance of stretch marks and scars
on your skin. The massagers moisturize
your skin for a soft and smooth touch. If you have serious medical problems such as fractures, cancer, rheumatoid arthritis, blood clots or osteoporosis, or you’re pregnant, consult with your physician before using a body massager.
Body massagers are mostly priced based on the type, available features, and size, among other factors. Handheld body massagers are the most affordable, so they're perfect if you’re working on a tight budget. With $15 to $20, you can acquire an all-body massager with heat suitable for personal use. With as little as $10, you can find a good body massager for a specific part of your body.
Professional body massagers with multiple functions cost more, as they are suited for more advanced use to serve many people over time. With $50 to $100, you can get a durable body massager to install in your home, massage clinic, salon or spa. You’ll part with more money if you prefer a body massager with multiple heads. High-end body massagers can cost about $500 or more.
Cheap body massagers are not always the best. Analyze your needs first before going for a specific machine to get value for your money. Cheap massagers can hamper your health or hurt your skin, so they should be avoided.
Body massagers add life to your exhausted tissues and muscles, while making sure your joints are flexible and your body is ready for another challenging experience or busy day ahead. You'll need one that’s comfortable and can withstand regular use. Consider purchasing a body massager that’s durable and meets predetermined safety specifications.
Here are the important features to look at in a body massager:
- The type of body massager you want, such as a vibrator body massager
- Massage type required, such as deep relaxation
- The body part you want massaged: neck, feet, etc.
- Mode of operation: hand or motor-operated
- Any additional features you might need
- A suitable size for easy use
With the right body massager, you’ll be able to relax your tense body muscles and relieve yourself of pain from the comfort of your home without spending a fortune.
Construction and Design
Looking around for a good body massager designed to meet your specific needs? Consider the following factors to help you make an informed decision:
- Type – Decide whether you want a Shiatsu ‘’Finger Pressure’’ or a vibrator body massager. A Shiatsu will be a better choice if little pressure is required on the body part to be massaged. A vibrator-type massager is suitable for body parts that can withstand the force; you can get one with or without heat.
- Massage Type – The type of body massager to get depends on your preference, or on medical specifications from your therapist. Consider kneading and squeezing if you’re sensitive to force due to various reasons or medical conditions. Vibrating and infrared massagers deliver deep relaxation if that’s what you need.
- Design – Certain body massagers are specifically made for a particular body part. If you need feet, neck or back massages, find a massager designed to massage the given body part. If you don't have a specific need, consider a machine that can work on any part of your body.
- Modes - Choose what suits you best. Body massagers can be hand-operated, electric, or motor-operated. Hand-operated body massagers are good for beginners or when mild force application is required. Buy electric body massagers for commercial use, and make sure they support stable power supply. Motor-operated body massagers can use batteries if you’re experiencing unstable electric power supply.
- Size/Weight – Consider users’ weight and size before settling for a specific body massager. Get one that’s suitable or adjustable to all sizes.
Performance and Ease of Use
Buy a body massager from a reputable company to be sure of its quality and durability. The machine's surface should be skin-friendly, but firm enough to exert the required pressure. A user guide should be in the package for easy setup, use and cleaning. Since you’ll be using the device on your body, take note of the disclaimer parts on do’s and don’ts for your own safety.
Opt for an electric body massager with power ratings that match the acceptable range in your region; the voltages should be safe for skin contact. Finally, be sure the machine is easy to use and repair, and that it has readily available parts in case you need them replaced. A manufacturer's warranty is necessary, where applicable, to guard against manufacturing faults.
Whether you need a body massager for professional or home use, there’s one out there to meet your unique needs. We hope that with our review of five of the top body massagers, you were able to pick the right one for your relaxation needs. In case you need something different, check out our other massage stick reviews.