What is the Best Electric Wok Reviews? Read to Find Out!
Our Top Choice
The Breville The Hot Wok has a 1500-watt butterfly element that distributes heat evenly up the wok, maximizing on high heat to get that delicious beef steak, or whatever it is you’re cooking in the shortest time possible. We also recommend looking at Breville’s fine line of smart countertop and toaster ovens
. They’re perfect for when you don’t want to heat up the house with your full-size oven. And they save energy too!
Breville the Hot Wok™ Pro - 8 Quart Electric Wok with Stainless Steel Base, 15 Temperature Settings
Finding better and new ways of doing everyday tasks in the kitchen makes cooking an enjoyable task. This is exactly what Breville invests in: designs and inventions that will not make your everyday tasks in the kitchen monotonous.
The Breville Hot Wok is more than the average stir fryer that you find in the market. This electric wok has a 8-quart capacity and a 15-inch diameter; therefore, if you have a big family it can accommodate the meals.
Here are additional exciting features the Breville Hot Wok offers:
- It has been designed with a removable temperature control probe.
- If you like seeing how your meals are sizzling, the wok comes with a glass lid to accommodate this.
- Keeping the wok clean is very easy, as both the wok and the lid are dishwasher safe.
- It has a stainless steel base with a quantanium non-stick technology. If you are not into stir-frying your vegetables with oil, you can still do this as it will not stick to the wok.
Aroma Housewares Non-Stick Electric Work - 7-Quart Capacity, High Domed Lid and Full-Range Temperature Control
Aroma is committed to providing life-changing products for their customers, especially by heeding what the customers want. This gives the company the edge to make valuable, unique and innovative products.
One of the things that has kept the Aroma AEW-305 ahead of the others is its full range temperature control feature. This has made it capable of delivering versatile functions, from preparing slow-cook meals to catering to the high-heat ones and anything in between. There is more to this wok than you may think.
Here are some more of its benefits that you cannot afford to miss:
- Have a large family to feed? Well, this wok has got your back. With a large 7-quart capacity and domed lid, its efficiency in meeting space requirements is unparalleled.
- You cannot afford to risk your health to get a delicious meal, and with this wok, this is nothing to worry about. This is attributable to its ability to cook great meals with the use of little oil.
- It also goes without mention that the cool-touch handles and base are all you need to keep your hands safe.
- With the aspect of space proving a challenge in most modern kitchens, considering appliance of the right size is inevitable. This is where this wok comes into play: not too big, but not too small either. It is just the right size for easy use and convenient storage.
The Presto Stainless-Steel Electric Wok remains unparalleled for its power, having temperature controls that respond easily and accurately. If you are looking for a non-stick surface, then check out the Presto Electric Foldaway Skillet
. It is designed with fold down handles that can easily detach the skillet pan from the base for compact storage.
Presto 5900 1500-Watt Electric Wok - Dishwasher-Safe Stainless-Steel Wok and Tempered Glass Lid
Starting in 1905, Presto has been in the lead on the kitchenware field. This is attributable to the company’s innovations, which has seen it through most product categories. This advancement has stemmed from long-term planning and focused development strategy. It is now looking forward to unveiling more innovative products that match your contemporary lifestyle.
The Presto Stainless-Steel Electric Wok features an aluminum-clad base that gives you fast cooking, making your meal preparation easy and fun. The wok comes with a bunch of features for the best user experience.
Here are more of the features that you can look forward to when buying this appliance:
- Its stainless steel body makes cleaning a breeze, so you don’t have to worry over keeping it sparkling.
- Remember, it is also dishwasher and sink-safe once you remove the heat control, so you can never go wrong with this wok when it comes to cleaning.
- Furthermore, it comes with a long-handled spatula for turning your food as you cook and a stainless steel rim and handle that makes handling this thing fun.
- Its 30-centimeter extension cord is also long enough to get power to the wok, especially if you are cooking tableside.
- The wok is stylish in design, with its side loop plastic handles, keeping it cool even when in use.
- In addition to all of the above, you get a one-year warranty for this wok.
The Oster Dura-Ceramic Wok has a unique and innovative ceramic coating with a non-stick interior that releases your food effortlessly, whether fried or steamed. Wok cooking is one way to make healthy meals, and so is steaming! Check out the Oster Double Tiered Food Steamer
for vegetables, meat, fish, and poultry. Great for when you want to cook without any oils!
Oster 4.5 Liter Dura-Ceramic Electric Wok, Black
If there is one thing that remains unchallenged about Oster, then it has to be the sheer performance and versatility that they have devoted themselves to offer in their products. This has seen the company on the frontlines of providing products that their customers trust and adore.
The Oster Dura-Ceramic Wok is one of a kind, thanks to its PFOA and PTFE-free qualities. This ensures healthy meals without putting the flavor at stake. You can always relish almost everything about this wok.
Here are yet more benefits that it comes with too:
- Staying in the kitchen overnight is the last thing you want. But you can always count on this wok to save you the delay, as it cooks up to 20% faster than its counterparts.
- This wok is spacious too, with 4.5-liter capacity. You can stir-fry your veggies and meat or steam rice for your family without hassle.
- The adjustable temperature control is ideal for balancing the heat for different foods and even detachable for easier cleaning and storage.
- Its tempered glass lid with a steam vent is also a feature to reckon with, giving you a clear view of the simmering food.
- We are sure you don’t want your finger to be burned when prepping meals—no one does. With this appliance's cool touch handles, you can cook without this concern holding you back.
For delicious and healthy meals, this Cuisinart GreenGourmet Nonstick Electric Skillet is petroleum-free, PTFE-free and PFOA-free, definitely the way to go. You may also like the CucinaPro Electric Skillet with Tempered Glass Lid
. Tis professional grade non-stick 12" electric pan has a stainless-steel body and a flat bottom.
Cuisinart GreenGourmet 14-Inch Nonstick Electric Skillet with Slanted Wok Style Sides and Flat Bottom
Nothing goes down better than having what it takes to make the best meals and having fun doing it. Cuisinart knows this just too well, and the company never relents in its age-old legacy of covering your kitchen with unprecedented innovation. There seems to be no question as to why this recognized name is a favorite of many chefs and consumers.
Come to think of the sheer number of times appliances have failed you in the kitchen when you needed them the most. There is no better way to avert the frustration than with the right tool for the job, and this 1800-watt wide cooking surface electric skillet gives you just that.
Even though the Cuisinart GreenGourmet Nonstick Electric Skillet is not a wok in the true sense of the word, we chose this product because of it’s versatility and it makes a great option for people who either don’t do a lot of wok cooking, or who don’t have the space for lots of pots and pans. This equipment also comes with a great deal of features you will fall in love with. Here is what we are talking about:
- With die-cast stainless steel handles, you are always in total control of this appliance as you cook away. You don’t have to burn your fingers anymore.
- The unparalleled versatility makes this the best appliance to fry your crispy meals without necessarily purchasing several types of equipment, among the reasons it offers the best value for your money.
- Since this one has a ceramic non-sticky surface and is dishwasher safe, clean up after use can never be a problem. All you need to do is to take off the probe and toss it in the machine.
- Moreover, the lack of petroleum, PFOA, and PTFE traces in its interior makes it the best deal in the business when it comes to cooking delicious, healthy meals.
- Above all, the temperature control feature from warm to up to 450 F gives you ultimate ease in using this equipment around. So you can griddle, sear, simmer, or fry your food with little or no oil at all.
Best Electric Wok Buying Guide - What to Look For in an Electric Wok for Chinese Cooking and other Recipes
If cooking is your thing, you have probably tried out plenty of different types of cooking equipment. But it’s possible you have yet to check out an electric wok, and once you do, you will wonder how you have been cooking without it. After all, who would deny the fact that cooking is never fun without the ideal appliance to get meals ready, easy and fast? Well, a wok does more than that, and anyone who has tried it already will tell you it's magnificent.
So what is so special about it? If you love Chinese food, then you know that the history of a wok is from this Asian country. Think of all the kitchen equipment you have been spending on: casserole bakeware, and that mixing bowl set you got recently. Well, they have significantly transformed your meal preparation, but you are yet to get something to use for the actual cooking.
Now, with an easy-to-clean interior, the ability to get hot fast and temperature control options, a wok is unlike anything you have had in your kitchen. As such, delicious on-the-go and tableside meals are among the things you cannot miss when you have it handy.
Talk of power saving, fast cooking, and delicious dishes. These are but a few reasons why the right equipment is a must-have in the kitchen, and the wok is one of them. And with the tempered glass top in most of them, you can see the impressive work of your expertise with a food chopper, especially if you are cooking tableside.
We have reviewed some the best electric wok brands, but first, here are some of its best features.
Video: Can You Stir-fry in a Wok on a Glass Top Electric Range?
Stir-frying in a Wok on a Glass Top Electric Range.| Courtesy of Wok with Tak
An electric wok is fairly priced considering the amount of ease and convenience it offers when you are preparing a healthy meal for your family. Just like any other electric device, the features, size and brand that you choose will affect the overall price. A good quality electric wok that will fit your needs can range from around $40 up to $110. If you go for the high-end product, expect to pay more.
The market has also been flooded with cheap electric woks that will still prepare a decent meal for your family. However, it is advisable not to go for these cheap options. They might not come with the important features necessary to prepare a healthy stir-fry meal, like using little to no oil when cooking.
For every good cook, knowing what the appliance you are buying is capable of doing is the first thing to look at before adding it to your list. These features are not only what makes the wok impressive, but also the best of all.
Here are some of the important features to look for:
- Style – Most woks come in a wide, circular shape, giving them the much-needed space for cooking food evenly.
- Size – With the necessity for making different amounts of food depending on one’s preference or needs, these woks come in various sizes. They always have something for everyone.
- Power – Power requirements and handling are at the heart of an electric wok’s performance, and like the size, they have differences in this aspect as well. All you need is to go for the appliance that can meet your cooking needs.
- Temperature – These woks get hot fast and can retain the temperature for long, making them ideal for almost any kind of food you want to prepare.
- Material – Electric woks feature different metallic bases. However, several of them come with a tempered glass top that allows you to see the food as it cooks, all while remaining tough enough to be safe.
Construction and Design
If there is one sure thing about electric woks, then it is their wide space. These woks come in big sizes like 18” x 14” x 6.5”, handling up to 6 quarts in capacity. There are also smaller versions measuring 14” x 15.5” x 8” for 5-quart capacity and smaller ones for 4 quarts and other varying sizes as well. The choice you make will likely depend on your family size.
From aluminum to cast metal bases, electric woks feature different material for the base, and the top as well. Some will have the same top as the bottom, while others have a glass top. The good news is that regardless of the material used, many of these woks perform pretty well, and you will rarely have to deal with scraping burned-on food off the wok.
Like most traditional woks, the electric type comes in a circular shape, which is the best for cooking food evenly. This can also make the appliance look more exotic compared to others you may have in your kitchen.
And while we’re on the topic, you cannot afford to miss the beautiful colors they come in, such as black, silver, and others as well. You can never go wrong with these woks, especially when you want to add to your kitchen décor.
Video: Why I Cook 90% of my Meals with a Wok, the most Versatile Tool in the Kitchen | Brothers Green Eats
Discover my love for Wok Cooking. | Courtesy of Pro Home Cooks
Performance and Ease of Use
There is always something special about these woks, and the secret lies in their power handling capabilities. This is all thanks to the fact that they are not only capable of heating fast, but also retain heat for long. It also goes without mentioning that the type of food you are cooking dictates the level of power you will need.
The concept that makes these woks stand out is their in-built burner, and this goes a long way in making their use easier. In addition to this feature is the temperature control, which gives you the ability to set the amount of power you want, whether you are heating up your food or want it to simmer.
Get the Best Electric Wok of 2021!
We hope the information provided was useful in helping you choose the best electric wok for you. If the featured products didn’t tickle your fancy, not to worry; check out other electric wok options by these reputable brands.
Aroma Housewares Electric Wok
Presto Stainless Steel Electric Wok
Oster Dura-Ceramic Electric Wok
Cuisinart GreenGourmet Nonstick Electric Skillet
Electric Wok FAQs
Can you use a wok on an electric stove?
You can use a wok on an electric stove, especially the one made from glass-ceramic. However, the wok should have a flat bottom.
How to use a wok on an electric stove?
You can use a wok on an electric stove for steaming, smoking, boiling, and frying. If the wok has a round bottom, then you should use a round-bottomed wok ring to hold it in place. That not makes it not only compatible with an electric stove but also sit in a stable position. In case you have a flat-bottomed wok, there is no need for you to use a ring. You can place the wok straight on the electric stove and start cooking.
How much does an electric wok cost?
A wok costs between $30 and $100 on most online stores. It all depends on the brand and model you choose.