From 132 reviews 50% gave the HP Wireless Printer 5 stars. Combining this with all other reviews, Amazon users rated this product an overall 4.2 out of 5. Some criticisms included not being able to print borderless pages and other unique discrepancies regarding specific functions. But the reality is, when a single product offers so many functions, it will never be perfect.
As opposed to previous machines we have discussed, the HP model performs the most functions, some very specific. This is great if you need to print business cards, brochures or leaflets, all at different sizes and paper quality (are willing to sit and read through the manual to learn about just how to complete those functions). If you are not a technology expert and just want a machine for simple printing, copying and faxing, the Officejet 7612 might be a bit too technical for your needs.
According to reviews, the HP Officejet Wireless Wide Format e-All-in-One – Color Photo Printer & Fax performs almost flawlessly. If you are looking for a machine specifically to fax, but enjoy having the added extras to print and copy too, you will want to assess the specific performance of faxing alone.
Here’s a comparable list of how the fax functions work on the OJ e-All-in-One.
- Speed- As the HP 7612 is primarily a printer/copier the faxing seems to have taken a back seat. At 4 seconds per page, it performs mediocre compared with other brands.
- Print Quality- The fax resolution can reach up to 300 x 300 dpi. This as well is fairly average; however, what is not average is the color fax option. The HP fax function can also fax in color up to 200 x 200 dpi, great if this is one of your faxing requirements.
- Paper Tray Capacity- With the imposing size it can be expected the HP model will have a large paper capacity. The 7612 has the standard 250 page paper tray with no capability for an extra tray (a little disappointing). However, it can hold up to 30 envelopes and has an automatic document feeder.
- Memory- Overall, the HP Officejet has a memory of 256MB, however, it has just 100 page fax memory, a little underwhelming compared with the Canon and Brother competitors.
- Page Yield- The page yield is relatively disappointing on this model. The standard black ink cartridge yields just 400 pages, with the XL Black Officejet Ink Cartridge yielding 1000 pages. Of course, this all depends on what documents you are printing and their quality.
The HP Officejet Printer is clearly a great multi-functional machine if you are not concerned about losing out on some fax capabilities along the way.