Choosing the best fire pit for you and your garden shouldn’t be a difficult task, as it should be mainly based on two factors: your needs and your budget. We have in our review different kinds of fire pits; we even have some that can be used as cooking grills as well! Take a look at them and choose the one that’s suitable for your needs.
Landmann is a division of Gebruder Thiele Group which is a company based in Germany, founded in 1848. In America, Landman is centered on manufacturing quality products that will be enjoyable for its customers for many years to come. Its products are addressed to people who love to cook and use its products. The fire pits it designs are durable, easy to use, and do their job properly. Apart from fire pits, Landmann also sells gas grills, charcoal grills, smokers, fireplace grates and log storage, and many other accessories.
The Landmann Super Sky Fire Pit is a pretty nice purchase if you like organizing gatherings and parties in your garden. The star and moon shapes will cast light everywhere around it and everyone will admire the view. It has a thick and sturdy hook and a suitable size for medium gardens (23 x 40 x 40 inches). It has a sturdy base with 3 legs which keep it stable. If you like both traveling and fire pits, you don’t have to worry about it as this fire pit is portable and rather lightweight, having a weight of only 20 pounds.
Outland Living wants to enhance the outdoor experience of its customers through the fire pits it manufactures. If we were to talk about wood burning pits, Outland Living sells the Oakridge and Kitsilano models. Its propane fire pits include the Standard, Deluxe, Premium, and other popular models. It also sells fire bowls that can be converted to natural gas using its natural gas conversion kit. When it comes to fire pits, you can find at Outland Living anything you might need to create a fairytale outdoor experience.
The Outland Living Firebowl Deluxe Fire Pit can give you the sentiment of a traditional campfire, but without the smoke, which is quite pleasant. It’s portable and convenient, weighing 23.3 pounds with dimensions of 18.5 x 18.5 x 10.5 inches. It’s also made of high-quality steel with a protective enamel finish, which means it’s built to last. If you don’t really do camping, it’s not a problem, as this propane fire pit can be used in the backyard or on the patio. It provides instant warmth and a nice experience wherever you place it.
AZ Patio Heaters produces patio heaters that are reliable, made of quality materials, efficient, and affordable. The brand is dedicated to quality and to its customers, and wants them to be pleased with the products and services it provides. It has multiple fire pits and patio heaters that come in rectangular or round shapes, and have structures made of different materials such as bronze, stainless steel, aluminum, and more. AZ Patio Heaters has a fire pit for any budget.
When it’s cold in the evening, you don’t have to stay indoors for fun - you can enjoy the outdoors with the AZ-Patio-Heaters Aluminum Fire Pit. It burns 42,000 BTU’s and has an adjustable heat. It’s elegant and gives you easy access to its door to conceal the propane tank. You have 4 color options to choose from which are extruded aluminum, slatted aluminum, hammered bronze, and antique bronze. Further, this fire pit is quite large and heavy, weighing 90 pounds and with dimensions of 45 x 45 x 23 inches. The provider also gives you the possibility to opt for expert assembly for an extra charge.
Sunnydaze Décor produces home and garden appliances which are innovative and have beautiful designs. Its main objective is to provide its customers with products that help them keep calm, relax, and enjoy the peace and beauty of their home or gardens. It has a vast collection of indoor and outdoor fire pits, as well as fountains, hammocks, and other accessories that leave the customers with a nice addition in their home.
The Sunnydaze Décor Cosmic Fire Pit has nice features and details that make your outdoor experience a nice one. It has everything you might need included such as a heavy duty spark screen, a built-in firewood grate, and a firewood log poker. If you want to cook over the fire, you simply have to remove the screen and you’ll be able to have a barbecue in your own yard. The 3 built-in legs give this fire pit style and stability, and as it’s lightweight (36 pounds), you can place it wherever you want in your garden or backyard. It also comes in 2 sizes – 30 or 42 inches. This model’s full dimensions are 42 x 42 x 23 inches.
Fire Sense has extensive experience in fire pits as it’s commercialized them for more than 20 years. Its product range consists of electric and gas patio heaters, patio and electric fireplaces, and fire pits. Each of its products comes with a one-year warranty, and it continuously tries to create more innovative products that will satisfy the needs of its customers. Its products have good features, durable structures, and reasonable prices.
Who doesn’t love a nice evening spent outside with friends and family around a nice fire pit? The Fire Sense Folding Fire Pit features folding legs which allow you to move it around and transport it easily. If you want to cook something, you can also use this fire pit as a cooking grill. It requires no tools for assembly and is easy to use by anyone. The screen lift tools and grates help you place your logs easily to grill your next meal. The lift tool is also efficient as it keeps your hand away from the fire when you want to put or remove the screen. Lastly, you can choose between 2 sizes: 22 inches or 29 inches, depending on the size of your patio and your preferences. To give you an idea of portability, the lager version weighs 10 pounds and has full dimensions of 17 x 29 x 29 inches.
Who doesn’t want the rustic feel of a campfire in their backyard? With a fire pit, you can have that and gather all your friends and family around it to have a nice night outdoors. Fire pits can add warmth to those cool evenings, are portable and easy to use and clean, and some models also feature a grill that allows for roasting weenies and burgers.
Fire pits enhance the whole appearance of your patio and make outdoor evenings great, surrounded by friends and your favorite wine. Just imagine sitting in your backyard at night, your skin warmed by the fire, memorized by the beautiful shapes of the flames flickering into the dark.
There are a couple of things you should own if you have a backyard as well as the fir pit to make a great social gathering. Of course, patio chairs
that will accommodate all your guests and make them feel comfortable, and an outdoor speaker
will create a great atmosphere with best tunes. Let’s not forget that mosquitos and other bugs are attracted to light, so when you use a fire pit it is good to also have a bug zapper
that will zap the insects instantly.
If you’re considering purchasing a fire pit, you may be overwhelmed by all the types that you can find on the market. In order to help you narrow down your choices, use these buying guidelines that will offer you all the details you need to know in order to pick the right fire pit for your backyard.
Price plays a critical role when looking for a fire pit, and the price range for them is quite broad. However, these price variations depend on the size and the materials used. For a good-quality fire pit, you’ll have to pay between around $50 and $600.
More expensive models have a larger size, therefore creating a bigger fire. However, if you don’t have the means to accommodate a bigger size or you intend to move it quite a lot, it might not be a good option. Some of the most common models are mid-size and small fire pits. They are maneuverable and can be moved around easily.
You will also find cheap fire pits on the market, but they shouldn’t be among your options as they are made from poor-quality materials and will not give you the outdoor experience you are looking for.
The main advantage of fire pits is that they bring 360 degrees of open flames to your backyard gatherings. There are multiple things you need to consider when it comes to purchasing a fire pit for your backyard. The most important aspect is the placement and whether you need a portable or a permanent one. Now, let’s find out more about all the features that need to be considered:
- Style - There are multiple fire pit styles. One popular model has a fire bowl and others are square and look like tables. If you are looking for a portable model, you should go for a bowl model, but if your backyard is spacious enough, you should consider a square fire pit.
- Dimensions - As we have said, dimensions are really important when choosing the right fire pit. Small ones are around 30” in diameter, while large fire pits, which are also stationary, are around 45” – 50” in diameter (similar to a table). The bowl models are usually smaller than the square ones.
- Fuel - Fire pits are either wood-burning or use propane/gas. Of course, wood-burning pits are more cost-effective, and they will smell good and give you the real campfire experience. On the other hand, propane-burning pits provide clean and smokeless flames, but are a bit more expensive as you will have to buy propane tanks regularly.
- Materials - The material from which the fire pit is made is also important. You’ll be able to find multiple models on the market, made of stone, tile, stainless steel, copper and more. Stone and stainless steel are usually used with larger fire pits as they are heavier. Copper fire pits are smaller and portable.
- Accessories - You should also pay attention to the accessories that come with the fire pits: grills for cooking, protection screens or even vinyl covers to keep them protected when they aren’t in use.
- Location - Before purchasing a fire pit, check the local ordinances and see where they allow you to place the pit. This way you will also decide the best fire pit size for that location.
Now, let’s see the construction and design aspects of fire pits.
Construction and Design
Fire pits are durable and aesthetically appealing for everyone. Who doesn’t love spending an evening in the backyard, in front of a small fire, allowing you to have a great time with friends or family? Everyone does! When it comes to the construction and the design of a fire pit, there are three things that need to be considered: the type, the way it is fueled and the material it is made of.
When it comes to the way the fire pit is fueled, we have two options: either wood or propane/gas:
- Wood - A wood fire pit is the traditional choice for this product, as they are simple to use and to install. Firewood is also pretty cheap and you can find it in almost all areas. It also creates a cozy flame and the sound of crackling fire, which will make the experience even better.
- Propane/gas - The main advantage of propane or gas fire pits is that you can use them on open porches that have an overhead roof. There will be no smoke, wood or ashes around you. This type of fire pit is considered safer than wood fire pits and easier to clean.
There are also multiple fire pit styles with different purposes:
- Grilling fire pits - Fire pits that double as a grill are great. Everyone loves a good barbeque from time to time and it is a known fact that food prepared over open flames is more delicious. There are models that include a grill, but you can also purchase it separately.
- Fire pit tables - These fire pits have multiple purposes. They provide heat during chilly evenings, but also offer a surface on which you can place your drinks and snacks. These models are a bit larger and not really portable. li>
- Artistic fire pits - If you want a unique look for your backyard, you should go for an artistic fire pit. They have different shapes cut into them that cast light around in charming patterns and enhance the experience of the usual campfire.
The materials used to construct the fire pit are also important because they correlate to its durability and also create a certain style. You will be able to find fire pits on the market made of various materials: steel, which can be easily molded into any shape and comes in many sizes and shapes; stone, which is unique, artistic and very heavy, being suitable for fixed fire pits; copper, which is the most common material, rust resistant and very durable and stainless steel, which is durable and rust-free, but rare and expensive.
Performance and Ease of Use
Fire pits are easy for anyone to use, but there are some things you should consider before using one. It always has to be at least seven feet away from any flammable structure and it shouldn’t be used on a wooden deck. Before you place it in a certain area in your backyard, clean the area of dried leaves or other debris and make sure that area is protected from the wind. Generally, fire pits should be placed on cement or any fireproof surface, and never too close to the wall of your home.
You should never overload the fire pit with wood, because it will become dangerous. Just place a suitable amount of wood in it, ignite it and, when the flames die down, place the protection screen over it. When you want to put the fire out, smother the coals with a bucket of sand and don’t use water at all. If you have a propane fire pit, you just have to turn it off whenever you want to stop using it.
We truly hope the information we’ve provided you with has been useful in helping you find out about the different options available. Decide upon the one you like, make your purchase, and start roasting those s’mores!