Spending hours looking at low-quality videos can be quite boring. This was the norm before recent technology advancements, but trying to turn back now and re-live the ordeal is never anyone’s cup of tea. After all, why settle for less when you can get the best? For video enthusiasts and game geeks, there’s nothing like a stunning visual display. This is where the high-quality video interface comes into play.
If you want to connect your DVI-enabled device to your TV, taking the beaten path and going for a simple HDMI cable is usually the best way to go. Among its benefits, you can count on the HDMI for its durability. To ensure a connection that will last long enough, some of them have gold-plated connectors making them sturdy and durable.
Perhaps the most interesting thing about an HDMI is that you can use it on virtually any device that supports video format files – Your LED TV
, laptop, Blu-ray player, video game console
, you name it. An HDMI is a sure way to have your devices connected without compromising video quality. Since most of these cables are quite long (some up to six feet or longer), you will have great quality even if the devices are far apart. However, this might call for the use of an adapter for transferring the signal.
With all that being said, we haven’t even started talking about design. HDMIs are built to offer more than just a superb connection. Most are built for heavy-duty use with bidirectional functions. A thick shielding and a good grip for easy connection come in handy, too. Can’t forget the hand-tightened screws on some that keep them in place. If you’re the type of person that completely loses it when your gaming monitor
disconnects, then this is all you need to ensure a reliable connection.
You’ve learned a thing or two about HDMI by now, but we still haven’t shown you the five best options to get the most out of your video device connections. Before you proceed to check them out, look through the most important features.
An HDMI adapter’s value is worth much more than what you pay. You can get a good adapter for your connection needs with just $5 to $40. Get ready to fork over a bit more for a high-end one, though.
It’s is also worth mentioning that some basic factors will determine the cost of any adapter you go for. For instance, you might have to spend a little more to get one with impressive materials and features like gold-plated connectors, strong shields, and long cables. When you decide on going for the best brand in town, expect a higher cost altogether.
Not all the adapters on the market are the real deal. Some are low-cost offers that can’t offer you ideal service, as they lack important features like bi-directional function, corrosion resistant covers, or threads for a tight grip. If you come across these cheap HDMI adapters, just stay clear.
Nothing’s worse than having an HDMI cable that can’t get the job done. This isn’t just a waste of money, but a frustrating inconvenience, too.
To get the real deal, here are some things to look for:
- Type – These cables come in different forms: the male to male and female to male types. What matters most is going for the one that best fits your needs. Remember, it depends on the type of video equipment you’re using as well.
- Input – For the input, you can always go for an adapter to ensure the best graphic quality. This won’t guarantee that the adapter will make a considerable difference, though.
- Output – Getting the best output for your video might be quite the task, but if you have these cables handy, things can get easier. All that matters here is getting the best quality to pair with your other devices. The right combination will always give you the best results.
- Length – Most HDMI cables are long enough for your needs, some extending up to six feet. If you are keen on your shopping, you can get the right length for connecting separate devices without a struggle.
- Extras – Most HDMI cables are built to offer tight grip and lasting service. From hand-tightened treads to gold-plated surfaces, you can always get more from this cable if you go for the right one.
Construction and Design
Never overlook the construction aspect of your HDMI cable. If you want the ideal cable, keep an eye on a few essentials.
- Gold-plated connectors - The artisanship employed in making these cables defies imagination. With gold-plated connectors offer the finest durability and efficiency on the market.
- Connections - It is also worth noting that HDMIs feature an impressive variety of connections too. Whether you are looking for male-to-male or female-to-male types, you will definitely get what you want. They may operate differently, so it is worth taking the time to understand what you need and check them out.
- Tight treads - Keeping cables in place is something no one wants to deal with. Fortunately, most HDMI cables come with good grip treads to help plug them in and out when you need to. Loose cables and unwanted unplugs are a thing of the past.
- Protection - Use of HDMIs means exposing them to a number of environmental aspects that can shorten their lifespan. Therefore, most of them have an additional protective coating to keep them intact despite the beatings they take. These are sure to keep serving you for the long-haul.
Performance and Ease of Use
What’s the point of having a cable that can’t offer you the quality connection you need on your devices? When it comes to HDMI cables, this is nothing to worry about. The features they come with are tailored to take care of the performance you’re looking for.
Corrosion resistance - Most of the adapters and cables you use are prone to corrosion, which means they will tear with time. This is unheard of when it comes to HDMI cabled, though. Fitted with corrosion resistant coating and thick shielding, they can withstand tough environmental conditions and still go the distance.
Bi-directional function - This feature makes most HDMI adapters highly reliable since it prevents future costly fixes. Some are also backward compatible, including features to keep clutter at bay and increase cut.
Cable length - If there’s one thing we can’t bear with, it’s connecting two distant devices with a short cable. If this is the case with your video equipment connection, don’t worry. The good news is that HDMI cables are long enough to cover any distance with ease. With some cables stretching six feet in length or more, the connection possibilities are endless.
In selecting the best adapter, you may want to consider things like the expected resolution, reliability, and durability. Therefore, remember the actual reason for buying your preferred adapter. That way, you’ll pick the best for your budget and particular needs. Now that you are well informed, let’s jump to our review.
After reading through our exclusive review on some of the best HDMI adapters on the market, we’re sure you’re ready to hit the stores with confidence and get yourself a great deal. But if you haven’t found what you want, you can go ahead and browse our recommended brands. They will always have something to offer. Your audiovisual world can’t get better!