Watch Our Log Carrier Review
What is the Best Log Carrier?
The best log carrier is one that will be able to accommodate the logs you plan on toting around, and is built of high-quality material. Now that you’ve gone through our guide, you should know what to look for. Let’s get right into our top five log carrier choices.
Our Top Choice
The Durable Canvas Firewood Bag by Hide and Drink boasts a great, robust design, but it isn’t waterproof so you have to be careful in rainy weather. If you’re going to be camping in rain or extreme outdoor conditions, the Hide and Drink Waterproof Waxed Canvas Fire Bag
made with strong raw waxed canvas is a great choice as it’s safer from the elements.
Hide & Drink Durable Canvas Firewood Bag With Leather Liner Handmade – 3 Color/Material Options
Hide and Drink is one of the biggest names in several departments, including crafts, outdoor supplies, kitchen and bath and pets. The canvas used to create their firewood tote bags is made of Lonas Segovia, the oldest canvas maker in Guatemala, so you can rest assured it will last you for years to come.
The Hide and Drink Durable Canvas Firewood bag is appointed with full grain leather handles and is an ideal choice for camping.
The bag comes with a plethora of features, some of the most notable ones being:
- Robust build quality
- Easy to store away when not in use
- Crafted of robust raw waxed canvas sourced from Guatemala’s oldest and most respected canvas maker
- Lightweight at just 10.1 ounces and measures 36.5 x 0.2 x 17 inches
- Appointed with full grain leather handles for superior portability
- Handmade design
The Panacea 15251 Log Tote features high quality canvas construction, but it doesn’t come with a log bin to store the logs and bag. For easier access to your tote and logs, the Panacea Mission Log Bin
is a great choice. It is powder coated for superior durability, comes with a leather made carrier and can be ordered in an eggshell black finish.
Panacea Products Log Tote – Sturdy Canvas Firewood Carrier Available in 6 Pack Quantities for Savings
Panacea is a family-owned company that has recently celebrated 40 years of manufacturing excellence in several departments including flower arranging, metal and garden products.
The Panacea 15251 Log Tote boasts a sturdy design and is fixed with reinforced fabric handles to keep your logs in check.
It comes with several great features that make it an excellent choice, which include:
- Measures 0.9 x 6 x 4 inches and weighs 14.9 ounces
- Black canvas construction complemented with cream colored trim
- Can be folded easily and stored away when not in use
- Features enclosed ends to keep dirt and wood chips off the floor
- Inner nylon liner is waterproof to prevent water and dirt from leaking onto the floor
Grillinator Ultimate Firewood Log Carrier is exactly what a perfect log carrier should be for its superior design, durability and unconditional guarantee. Considering you’re going to be using this log carrier outdoors and quite possibly around fire pits, it is wise to have a pair of Grillinator heat resistant gloves
handy. Crafted of superior strength material, flame and heat resistant, these gloves provide the ultimate grip and protection when handling hot stuff.
Grillinator Ultimate Firewood Log Carrier with Back Saving Design – Ultra Premium Canvas Available in 4 Colors
Grillinator is a family-run business that gives you several reasons to choose any of their products including brilliant customer support, uncompromising quality and an unconditional guarantee.
The Grillinator Ultimate Firewood Log Carrier features robust construction complete with hi-denier thread and double stitched and can be ordered in 5 different color variants.
The Grillinator Log Tote rings in with an extensive list of features including:
- Self standing design makes it easy to load the bag
- Padded handles makes the tote a joy to hold over longer periods
- Fully enclosed construction prevents messy leaks on the floor
- Crafted of ultra premium materials including PVC fused backing for waterproofing and premium oxford polyester canvas
- Backed by an unconditional guarantee
The Northern Outback log tote is rather large at 40 inches long by 18 inches wide, which is big enough to accommodate between 6-10 logs. If you aren’t going to be hauling around a large number of logs, but still would like a tote crafted of high quality canvas, the 36 x 16 inch Northern Outback Firewood Tote
is an ideal option. The package even includes a fire starter so you’ll have everything you need to get a fire going.
Northern Outback Supersized Firewood Log Carrier – Large Capacity Canvas Wood Tote Great for Fireplaces, Wood Stoves, Camping, Beaches, Landscaping
Northern Outback is one of the most esteemed names in the log tote space, but they also make a wide range of other superior quality products as well, including travel pet bowls, backpacks and baseball cap LED lights.
The Northern Outback Firewood Carrier boasts a fairly large capacity of up to 10 logs, and is crafted of robust canvas and reinforced, cross-stitched handles.
For its reasonable price, the Northern Outback log tote comes with a rich set of features including:
- Lifetime guarantee and 100 percent customer satisfaction
- 16Oz capacity for up to 10 logs
- Reinforced canvas cross stitched handles
- Material does not contain any fire retardants, making it pet, family and environmentally safe
- Fitted with roll back Velcro straps for easy storage
The SC Lifestyle premium log carrier features a large capacity to accommodate as much wood as you can carry. If you’re not going to be hauling around as much wood, but would still like a log tote that is made of durable canvas and built with reinforced handles, the SC Lifestyle Heavy Duty Canvas Firewood Log Tote
might make a better choice.
SC Lifestyle Premium Firewood Carrier – Large Capacity, Heavy Duty Canvas Log Tote Available in Two Color Options
Based in Hong Kong and Singapore, SC Lifestyle is a company conceived by two shopaholic moms with a mission to bring superb home and lifestyle products to people all across the globe.
The SC Lifestyle log tote is a must for anyone with a fireplace. It’s designed to prevent dirt and debris from getting all over your floor. If you’d like a log tote that will last you for years to come, this SC Lifestyle log carrier ticks all the right boxes.
The SC Lifestyle firewood carrier comes with a wide range of features that make it a great buy, including:
- Large capacity at 24" (Length) x 12" (Height) x 10" (Depth)
- Fully contained design to keep dirt, debris and wood chips inside the bag
- Made with high quality canvas complete with heavy duty stitching to last you for years on end
- Can be ordered in 2 different colors
- Backed by an impressive 1 year manufacturer warranty
How Do I Choose the Best Log Carrier?
Imagine this: you head out camping, and then set out on a heroic pursuit for firewood to fuel your fire pit
. You’ve got all your camping essentials
(at least you think you do)—a lightweight hatchet
and even a premium pair of work gloves
needed when moving, splitting, or stacking firewood. You chop off a few limbs from downed trees, gather a few stacks, and are ready to head back to base to get your fire going
Then you immediately know what you’re missing. A log carrier to help you transport the firewood to wherever you’ve set up shop!
These items aren’t to be confused with traditional backpacks because they are exclusively designed to carry fire logs and wood chips, so expect no pockets or even zippered closures. However, before you head out to buy the best log carrier, you should determine the number of logs you’ll most likely be hauling around in order to get the right size.
Read on for a few more factors to consider when buying the best log carrier.
For the most part, log carriers are inexpensive yet highly essential items that can be had for between roughly $10 and upwards of $50 for one that’s a bit richer in features. Given their affordability, there’s no real reason to scrimp out and buy a cheap log carrier, that features poor craftsmanship and materials, and will prove to be more of a hassle than a help. Spend a little more for a better product.
There are several factors that contribute to the price of a log carrier, most notably its capacity and the material it’s made from. A log tote that’s made from nylon won’t be able to accommodate a large number of logs (that’s why we haven’t featured any), as opposed to one made from canvas. Although this range of log bags is heavy-duty, some are bigger than others and can handle more wood, and hence will appear on the higher price point of the spectrum.
Even though they showcase a simple design, there are a few factors to consider in the best log carrier that make a world of a difference in how comfortably and efficiently you’ll be able to tote around firewood logs.
That said, here are a few aspects to consider when on the shopping trail for the best log carrier:
- Capacity – This dictates how many logs it can accommodate without falling apart.
- Material – Most log carriers are made from canvas, and for several good reasons—mostly for their sheer durability.
- Handles – As important as the exterior material, log tote handles most commonly can either be crafted from leather or robust fabric. Some are even padded for extra comfort.
- Reinforced Handles – Some handles are reinforced to the carrier via extra stitching, so the chances of them falling apart are slim to none.
- Easy to Store – Some log carriers can be folded down and stored away until your next outdoor adventure.
- Self-standing Design – Log totes with this feature stand upright and flat while you fill them with logs.
- Waterproof – If you’re going to be out in inclement weather conditions, you should buy a log carrier that’s able to resist harsh conditions.
- Enclosed Design – This keeps the wood, chips, dirt, scraps, and even water and snow in the bag so you have no messy floor to deal with.
- Warranty – Some log carrier manufacturers offer a lifetime guarantee against any factory defects.
Construction and Design
With regards to design, log carriers consist of a piece of material mated with a pair of handles, so there’s really not much to them. Most log bags are made from one of several different types of canvas, including waxed canvas and PVC-infused canvas. Handles are made from fabric or premium full grain leather in order to handle the weight of the logs.
Furthermore, some log totes are designed to be used indoors, outdoors, or both, therefore you should consider the weather conditions you’ll be chopping wood in before making a purchase. And then there are some log holders that are convenient in that they boast a self-standing design, so that you can fill the bag with ease and not have to wrestle with it to do so.
Performance and Ease of Use
Log carriers are somewhat of a necessity whether you’re camping or lounging at home during chilly nights. The appearance of some firewood holders improves with age and usage, and others can be had in an assortment of great colors including khaki, camo, and blue.
Further, the fully enclosed design of a few firewood carriers allows you to focus on cutting logs and setting them in the tote—and not the mess on your floor that may come about from wood chips, water, and snow. Lastly, if you’re not going to be using the tote often, or even if you simply want one that can be easily stashed away when not in use, look for log totes that feature a foldable design.
Get the Best Log Carrier of 2021!
We hope you’ve enjoyed reading our review and have learned a good deal about some of the best log carriers around. These are the totes that are making headlines at the moment, so it’s highly unlikely you’ll go wrong with any of them. Go ahead and make an investment if you found one you really like—rest assured, you won’t regret it. But if you didn’t care for any that we featured, these brands have even more for you to choose from.
Our Top Choice
Hide & Drink Firewood Bag
Grillinator Firewood Log Tote
Northern Outback Supersized Firewood Carrier
SC Lifestyle Premium Firewood Carrier
Log Carrier FAQs
What is the best log carrier?
The best log carrier is one that can carry firewood while remaining comfortable to the individual involved. It should have padded handles or backpack straps. Due to the nature of its work, the bag should feature high-quality canvas materials with heavy-duty stitching. That ensures that it doesn’t come apart when in use. Here is our buying guide to help with your purchasing decision.
How to unload a log carrier
Unloading a log carrier is pretty straightforward. If you were carrying it in your hands, the first step is to place the bag on the ground. Then, remove one log at a time until all the firewood is safely on the floor or rack.
How to decorate using a log carrier
You can easily decorate your home using a long carrier. For instance, you may hang the log carrier on one of the walls. Or, you could place a log carrier full of firewood next to the fireplace. It all depends on the design used to make the log carrier.