Especially if you are a beginner, don’t rush when it comes to buying a tattoo machine. Take your time and inspect the products carefully. For example, how many needles do you get for your money? How many inks and how many tattoo machines are in the package? Hopefully, our article will answer your questions and help you make a decision you'll be happy with in the future.
Pirate Face Tattoo is a brand which was founded in 2005. Since then, it’s been trying to provide high quality products from direct suppliers at affordable prices in order to satisfy people’s needs all around the world. In its online catalogs you can find different kinds of products like needles, tattoo machines, sterilizers, sleeve protectors, tattoo disposable tubes and many others.
The Complete Tattoo Kit from Pirate Face Tattoo includes four gun tattoo machines as well as carrying case, needles, power supply, ink cups, grips, and gloves. This set is suitable not only for professional tattoo artists, but for beginners as well; it even contains a 240-page book with instructions. Better still, you’ll be happy to learn that the manufacturer is confident enough in his products to offer a 6 month warranty for the power supply and the tattoo machines.
Order Tattoo is a brand specializing in the field of tattoos by creating many types of tools which are suitable not only for professional artists, but also for beginners who want to practice their hobby. Among its products you can find kits, inks, needles, sterilizers, power supplies, accessories and plenty of others. Its products have excellent reviews and rankings for their quality and affordable prices.
The Complete Tattoo Kit from Order Tattoo comes in 3 different styles for you to choose from and it includes a UL listed power supply. In the package you’ll also find a set of 50 needles and 8 different colors to play with. This set is ideal for beginners as it’ll allow you to experiment and try your hand at tattooing without spending too much money at first. Better yet, the kit also includes a waterproofed carrying bag, so you can take your tattooing arsenal with you wherever you go.
Even though tattoos have been a part of human experience since the Stone Age, just 50 years ago tattoos were a watermark of social outcasts and rebels in the Western world. However, nowadays even the girl next door has a small butterfly on her ankle or a zodiac sign on her wrist. Did you know that, according to a survey by Lightspeed Research, almost 60% of women have tattoos, compared to 40% of men?
Well, we believe everyone will get inked sooner or later, so it's good to be prepared and enter this business as soon as possible. If you're a beginner, you should definitely get a tattoo kit that comes with all the accessories and tools included. Similarly, if you're a professional tattoo artist, you should always seek to improve your technique and get better all the time.
As a tattoo artist, you should have good-quality tattoo machines
and inks, and of course, some drawing talent
to amaze your clients every time. Another aspect to consider is the other equipment you need, such as a tattoo table and an ergonomic chair
that will keep you comfortable and stable.
Quality tattoo kits come with all the accessories you need to start tattooing. This is why you should always make sure the kit has everything you need, such as gloves, inks, needles, tattoo machines and more. Most tattoo kits cost between $50 and $300.
For around $50, you can get a tattoo kit that is FCC certified and comes with a carry case and different accessories, but no ink. If your budget is larger, for around $300 you can get a quality tattoo kit that includes eight tattoo machines and more than 54 ink selections.
As you see, tattoo kits that are around $50 have fewer accessories than the more expensive ones. We really advise you to ignore cheap tattoo kits, as they're not safe and you can never be sure of their origin.
If you're a beginner, you might find it difficult to choose the right tattoo kit because you don't have so much knowledge in this business. However, a professional might have all the information.
We’re going to tell you what the most important features are to look for in any tattoo kit:
- Power Supply: You should never buy a tattoo kit without a power supply. This is the most important accessory because, without it, the tattoo gun won't work.
- Foot Pedal Switch: If you've chosen a tattoo kit that comes with a power supply, you’ll certainly find in the box a foot pedal switch, which allows the tattoo artist to adjust the power level without interrupting the work.
- Clip Cord: The tattoo gun is connected to the power supply through a clip cord and this item is as important as the power supply. Make sure it is in the kit.
- Tattoo Guns: Don't forget about your paintbrush. Most tattoo kits come with two or more tattoo guns. Check out their specifications and make sure they're what you need.
- Ink: Ink is really important and a key part of any tattoo kit. You'll find a plethora of colors available. Get the tattoo kit that includes the ones you need, but make sure they are quality inks, otherwise you'll have to order them separately.
- Ink Accessories: Some tattoo kits also come with ink cups and ink cups holders. They're quite useful when you need to change the colors while still tattooing.
- Needles and Tips: Make sure the needles are sterile. However, just to be sure, you should replace them, as they're quite inexpensive. Similarly, the tips of the machine gun need to be replaced regularly, just like the needles.
- Practice Skins: If you're a beginner, you’ll definitely need some practice skins to practice using a tattoo gun.
- Extra Accessories: Most tattoo kits come with extra accessories such as rubber bands, grommets, aftercare cream, gloves, stencils, transfer paper and pens that work on skin.
Construction and Design
You should know that the needles you'll find in a tattoo kit should be sterilized between each use. Alternatively, you could go for single-use needles, which is better.
Tattoo ink is really important, if not the most important part of the kit. In the end, the client will only see the tattoo he or she gets and not all the background equipment.
Tattoo inks vary depending on the manufacturer and come in a plethora of colors, quantities and quality. When choosing a tattoo kit, you should pick the ones that feature a large variety of colors, because your clients will definitely appreciate it. It's also a good idea to buy high-quality ink, as they have more vibrant colors and they last longer.
Performance and Ease of Use
After you've bought a tattoo kit, you also need to learn how to maintain it and clean it. You should always store all your tattoo guns and accessories when you're not using them. In order to clean the tattoo guns, you should never use bleach, but use disinfectant instead.
Always consider cleaning and sterilizing your tattoo guns a high priority. You can use an autoclave sterilizer that will kill all the bacteria. Another important aspect to consider is getting a biohazard container to toss the used needles and other items in the trash.
These are the tools for you as a beginner or professional tattoo artist. Use them regularly and, in no time, you might actually transform your hobby into a productive and famous business!