Compact enough to fit on your counter top, yet versatile enough to filter and dispense cold and hot water, a water dispenser is the best device for providing a cool drink on a sweltering day or instant hot water for tea while in the office. The need to keep our bodies always hydrated has rendered water coolers
must-have appliances in virtually every home and office, right with dispensers.
For guaranteed clean drinking water, some manufacturers incorporate a water filtration system
in their models that eliminates unwanted minerals and chemicals in the water, while others come with a purification system
to keep bacteria out. These dispensers offer unmatched convenience, produce pure water, encourage you to remain hydrated, save you money, and eliminate both physical and chemical contaminants.
Looking to purchase a new water dispenser? There’s a wide variety of designs, sizes, and models of water dispensers available in the market today. With each water dispenser having unique features that are meant to enhance its functionality, choosing the right one can be challenging. However, depending on your water dispenser needs you can select one from the following types:
- Free Standing – These units come with water bottles installed on top of the dispensing machine. They’re usually offered as either table top or bottom load water dispensers.
- Wall Mounted – These are usually connected directly to the water supply to ensure there’s always water. To run the refrigerant uninterrupted, these units are attached directly to a power supply, as well. Then, the cool water is stored in a reservoir for dispensing on demand.
- Point of Use – Also known as bottleless water dispensers, they can be connected to the main power supply of your house.
- Countertop – They are best home water reservoir as they’re relatively small and can be placed on a table or counter. They’re also the least expensive, and though small in size, can hold five gallons of water.
There are lots of reasons that you may need a water dispenser, including lack of clean and safe drinking water, or even water taste preference. But, whatever your reason, here’s everything you need to know to help you find the best water dispenser for your home or office.
Apart from how water dispensers perform, they also differ in type, features, and of course, price. On average, the prices fall anything between $40 and $300. Nowadays, you can get a good dispenser at an affordable price, but if you can dig deeper into your pocket, you’ll get a dispenser with better build quality, robust design, and improved performance.
Manufacturers add more premium features such as a stainless steel build, a water filter, or purifier as you go up the price ladder. However, you don't have to break your wallet to get a decent model; an inexpensive water dispenser (such as countertop models) will still give you a polished finish and good performance, but lesser convenience compared to premium models. But do be aware of truly cheap models, as they’re not likely to offer you the features you need.
Figuring out your needs is one of the first steps to finding the best water dispenser for your home or workplace. Here are some of the important features to keep an eye on while you’re out shopping:
- Hot and Cold Feature - Besides cooling your water, consider getting a device that also produces hot water for drinking or your cooking needs.
- Filtration and Purification System - Some dispensers come equipped with filtration equipment to filtrate and purify the water. Buying one like this guarantees you clean and safe drinking water.
- Cup Holders - Get a dispenser with a compartment for keeping your disposable cups for drinking water.
- Child Locks - A child lock is a key feature to have in your water dispenser, particularly if you have young kids, since it keeps taps locked to keep them from wasting precious water or getting burned by hot water.
- Outer Assembly - Choose a dispenser made of stainless steel as it doesn’t have the weird taste that comes with other materials such as plastic.
- Drip tray - Ensure that your appliance has a removable drip tray for easy and convenient cleaning.
- Ease of Use - Confirm that your appliance has ample space that can fit different cup sizes for easy dispensing of water, as well as a small-sized nozzle to fill bottles of varying sizes easily.
Construction and Design
All of our top featured water coolers
come with high-quality construction and designs. A water machine with patented leak prevention (automatic shut-off switch) and a stainless steel tank guarantees you a durable and reliable dispenser. Further, compact and lightweight home water coolers
save you ample space for other use, while the lightweight design and built-in side handle makes lifting and carrying the unit a breeze.
Bottled water dispensers with a bottom loading design eliminate the hassle of lifting and installing the bottle on top of the water machine. Also keep in mind that units designed with LED lights come in handy to provide enhanced visibility for easy access when you want to operate your dispenser at night.
Performance and Ease of Use
Dispensers that score well for ease of use usually include a bottom loading feature for easy loading, removable drip, indicator lights for when it’s nearly empty, child locks, controls, and patented removable plastic reservoirs. You may also want to consider an appliance designed for easy set-up.
The locking mechanisms improve your appliance’s performance by preventing your kids from potential burns if they accidentally run the hot water faucet. This feature gives you peace of mind even when you’re not there to watch over your toddlers. Some of these devices also come with easy-to-use controls that are conveniently positioned on the front display panel, making it simple for everyone in your home to regulate the temperatures as they wish. Additionally, a removable drip and plastic reservoir will make your cleaning job pretty easy.
To choose the best, you have to check out the rest. You have to weigh the options provided against your needs, your family’s needs, or your business’ needs. Fortunately, the purpose of this review is to furnish you with all the important details so you can make the right choice.
Five unique brands should provide just the right scope of information you need to select the water dispenser that will be featured in your office corner talks or the ultimate resource when you’re in dire need of a steamy hot cup of coffee. If these five featured brands don’t impress, more possibilities await your approval at just the click of a button.