Best Wireless Printer – Multifunctional All in One Wireless Inkjet and Laser Printers for Home and Office Use
Nothing is more convenient than being able to quickly print your necessary documents and have them with you everywhere. A great printer can save you time, increase productivity, help you organize your work better and raise the profits of your business. As there are hundreds of printer models on the market, we took the time to analyze many of them to provide you with insightful pieces of advice. Here are the best wireless printers with different features and in a mixture of price points, all from five of the best wireless printer brands!
Because there are so many different printers on the market, and because everyone has different printing needs, this review has a mixture of different kinds of wireless printers. If you don’t find what you are looking for, right below this chart we have links to other reviews we have done for specific types of printers — many of which include wireless printers.
TopProducts may earn commissions when you purchase through links on our site. Learn More.
What is the Best Wireless Printer for Home Use? For the Office? Read Our Reviews to Find Out!
A serious assessment of your printing needs is highly recommended before shopping for wireless printers, because there are numerous models available out there. To give you a head start, take a look at these five wireless printers and see which one would fit your personal needs best.
Related: Help! Should I Get an Inkjet or a Laser Printer?
Our Top Choice
The Epson Workforce all-in-one wireless printer is everything a modern man needs in his office. This device offers scanning, copying, printing and faxing capabilities, not to mention that you can print instantly directly from your phone. If your budget is lower, we recommend checking out the Epson EcoTank ET-4760 Wireless Color All-in-One Cartridge-Free Supertank Printer
. Unlike the Workforce line, this is an inkjet printer that also has a fax machine, scanner and copier built in.
Epson WorkForce Laser All-in-One Wireless Printer with Wi-Fi Direct & Smartphone and Tablet Printing
Epson is a known authority when it comes to office supplies and business-related gadgets and electronics. This company is the go-to brand if you are interested in getting high-quality printers, projectors, printer supplies, cables and many other products which you usually find in a busy office. Epson has a well-established reputation as a professional provider of business solutions for companies of all sizes.
For this review, we have chosen the Epson Workforce printer because it is simply epic! Here are its main characteristics.
- This is a laser wireless printer that allows you to easily print from your iPhone, iPad or Android-enabled gadgets. It even features Wi-Fi Direct and NFC.
- It is capable of copying, printing, scanning and faxing your documents, so you don’t have to buy separate devices for these functions.
- Comes with a 2.7inch color display from where you can access the printer's main functions. Navigating the printer's menus is a piece of cake.
- With a paper tray capacity of 150 sheets, you will be reloading papers less often in the future!
- You can also print on both sides if you want to save time and paper.
The Samsung Printer Xpress is an excellent wireless printer more suitable for larger companies or busier offices. It can print directly from your mobile device and it features intuitive controls. If your printing needs are higher, we suggest taking a look at the Samsung Samsung ProXpress M4580FX Multifunctional Printer.
Samsung Wireless Printer with WiFi Direct, Mobile App Compatibility and Hi-Speed USB 2.0 Ethernet
Samsung is a South Korean multinational company specialized in the manufacturing of electronics and gadgets. This brand is particularly renowned for the quality of the smartphones and tablets it produces. However, Samsung is also quite skillful when it comes to printer-making as well. The printers made by this brand are beautifully designed, easy to use, features-rich and built to last.
We were particularly impressed by the Printer Xpress from Samsung and we are glad to share its main features with you.
- This is a wireless printer featuring Hi-Speed USB 2.0Ethernet connectivity. This means that you can quickly print documents directly from your gadgets when it is necessary.
- Although this printer doesn’t print in color, it comes with the Clean and Sharp technology which enhances the quality of monochrome printing.
- Duplex printing allows you to print on both sides of the paper, keeping running costs down. This device also comes with numerous "ECO" features which help you save even more money.
- Thanks to its fast processor, it is capable of printing up to 29 pages per minute. That's almost 1 page every 2 seconds!
- The monthly duty cycle is around 12,000 pages which is usually sufficient for a busy residential office or small to medium-sized businesses.
The Brother MFC-L9550CDW All-in-One Color Wireless Printer comes with multiple features and it is more suitable for large businesses or people who have high printing needs. If your budget is a little bit smaller and you are looking for a compact wireless printer, check out the Brother MFC-J995DW Color Inkjet All-in-One Printer
with mobile device and duplex printing.
Brother Laser Wireless Color Printer with Wi-Fi Connectivity, Scanning, Copying and Faxing Features
As you probably know already, Brother is another prestigious brand specialized in wireless and multifunction printers. This company sells different types of color and monochrome printers to its customers and the prices of these products are reasonable. For our review, we have chosen the MFC-L9550CDW wireless printer because some of you out there might have high printing requirements and need a printer that can accomplish many jobs quickly and well.
Here are just a couple of features provided by this printer.
- This printer can print in both color and black-and-white with a speed of up to 32ppm! This is insanely fast and it means that business productivity will be increased.
- It also comes with Ethernet connectivity and you can print wireless from your smartphone or via USB from another computer.
- To help you navigate the functions of this device better, the printer also comes with a 4.85inches color touchscreen display.
- You might be happy to find out that this multifunction printer also features numerous security features such as SSL, Secure Function Lock, Enterprise Security (802.1x) and more.
- The paper tray is capable of holding up to 500 sheets of paper which is very convenient.
The Canon imageCLASS MF227dw wireless printer is an advanced and sophisticated office device. It can print quickly and it is AirPrint compatible, not to mention that you can also print from any Android device. If you are looking for a compact color printer, then check out the Canon Color Image CLASS LBP622Cdw
mobile ready wireless laser printer. This duplex printer is designed for small print jobs with first print time as fast as 10. 3 seconds.
Canon imageCLASS Multifunctional Laser Printer with Apple Airprint & Color/Black Printing Speeds up to 28ppm
We couldn’t write a review about printers without including a model from Canon. This manufacturer is known for crafting top-quality, well-built electronic devices such as binoculars, cameras and of course, printers. The products sold by Canon stand out from the crowd thanks to their innovative features and affordable prices. For this list, we have picked the Canon imageCLASS MF227dw wireless printer because we think it offers the best bang for your buck.
Here are the highlights of this modern multifunction device.
- You can buy this printer standalone or with toner bundle, depending on your needs and preferences.
- You get 4 in 1 functionality as this device has copying, printing, scanning and faxing capabilities.
- Feel free to print both in monochrome or color with speeds up to 28ppm.
- The 250 sheet multipurpose tray will come in handy every day, particularly when you have to print large documents.
- This wireless printer also comes with a touchscreen LCD display to help you access its functions easier.
The HP Envy Photo All in One Wireless Printer is great for people who don’t have high printing needs, but want to print high-quality documents or photos from time to time. If you are in the market for a wireless laser printer, then the HP LaserJet Pro M29w Wireless All-in-One Laser Printer
may be the perfect choice. Not only does it work with mobile devices, but it's also Alexa compatible..
HP Envy All in One Photo Printer with Wireless Printingr with AirPrint, Duplex Printing, Wi-Fi Direct & Scanning and Copying Features
HP is another excellent brand that specializes in electronics manufacturing. This brand provides hardware components to businesses of all sizes and it also offers custom software solutions to certain companies. HP was founded in 1939 and it has a great reputation worldwide.
For this review we have picked the Envy Photo All-in-One Wireless Printer because simply put, it has everything you would expect for in a printer.
- You can buy this printer alone or with 3 other ink bundles. Go for the one which you think saves you the most money.
- Apart from printing, this relatively-small printer also has copying and scanning features.
- Feel free to connect this app with your mobile device, laptop or tablet and print on the go as it supports wireless printing.
- Borderless photo printing is also possible, meaning that your pictures won't have a white border around them after printing.
- This printer is also capable of duplex printing which will reduce your paper consumption up to 50%.
Best All in One Wireless Printer Buying Guide — What to Look for in a Wireless Printer for Home Use
People's printing needs grow each year, whether we’re talking about legal documents, personal photos, shopping lists, directions, to-do lists and more. It is always better to have something printed in black or full color and that’s why top manufacturers out there have created numerous types of printers such as all-in-one inkjet printers, all-in-one laser printers and wireless printers. These gadgets are so advanced that they can even do the job of a fax machine and, thanks to their clever engineering, many printers are also environmentally friendly and consume fewer resources such as paper and inks.
One of the most popular printer types available on the market is the wireless printer because, as you guessed, you don’t have to connect anything but the power cord. These gadgets also offer you the convenience of printing directly from your mobile or tablet via your Wi-Fi connection. Imagine being in the kitchen, savoring your coffee and sending print jobs to the wireless printer in your living room. You can print anything, including newspaper articles, colorful photos, to-do tasks and virtually any image or text.
However, if you are buying a wireless printer for the first time, it would be a good idea to continue reading this article to learn more about them. They are very varied and it is wise to buy something tailored to your needs, so stay tuned!
Video: Troubleshooting Tips for WiFi Printer Issues
Troubleshooting Tips for a Wireless Printer. | Courtesy of Windows Community
You might be happy to find out that prices for printers have dropped significantly over the years, and that’s because manufacturers are competing with each other to bring innovative and affordable solutions to their customers. For example, today you pay something between $70 and $700 for a high-quality printer. Obviously, higher-end ones are basically multifunction printers and are more suitable for large companies and corporations. The actual cost of a wireless printer is determined by the printing speed, connectivity options, printing quality and if it includes functions such as copying, scanning or even fax services.
As a word of advice, try not to settle for excessively cheap wireless printers. You know, those priced way below the $50 mark and which boast utopian features and capabilities for a tiny price. These gadgets are usually unreliable and provide poor printing jobs. Find a reputable manufacturer and spend a little bit more for something of quality which will eventually serve you for years to come.
Now that we’ve finished with the price section, let's focus on something more exciting and attractive. Learn what to look at when buying a printer and you'll be better off in the future!
- Printing Options - Most wireless printers offer black and color printing jobs, but some of them are specifically designed to print in black and white only, to save energy and money. If you like to print pictures, go for a color printer.
- Functions - High-end wireless printers offer printing, faxing, copying and scanning services, all in the same machine! If you only print occasionally, you don’t necessarily need a very sophisticated printer.
- Connectivity Options - Since we are talking about wireless printers, this aspect is important. Many printers are compatible with your iPhone or iPad and can do print jobs in a matter of seconds. Other printers can connect instantly with any phone, tablet or laptop via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth.
- Size - This is also an important aspect because not everyone has room in the house for a large multifunction printer. Some wireless printers are compact and lightweight, allowing you to put them on your desk, right next to your laptop.
These are but a few features of modern printers, but there are many more to consider if you want to be thorough. For example, do you want your device to print on both sides at the same time (duplex printing)? Do you need a large paper tray? Are you interested in borderless printing? High-end printers can have all these features and more, so assess your needs before deciding upon a particular printer.
Construction and Design
We like how today's printers look. Most of them feature sleek curves and have a pleasant design, inviting you to use them! Some wireless printers have a small LCD display and a bunch of buttons, from which you can control all the functions of the printer. If you love touchscreen displays, high-end wireless printers have those too. Multifunction printers also come with large paper trays (some can accommodate up to 500 sheets of paper at once) and allow Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and even NFC printing.
If you are interested in saving money and resources, we recommend buying a device that can print on both sides of the paper. This can reduce your printing costs up to 50%, and that’s not a small thing. We also love the fact that today's wireless printers are very easy to set up (they also come with an instruction manual), and you can actually do your first printing job from your mobile, laptop or tablet within just a few minutes of taking the printer out of the box.
Some high-end printers are also capable of printing on different types of paper, including labels, cards, envelopes and more. Similarly, you can select from thin paper, glossy paper, bond paper, recycled paper and many other options. If you're a casual printer user, you might not need all these features, but it is good to know about them to understand how efficient and versatile a modern wireless printer can be.
Video: How to Set Up your Wireless Printer on your Computer
Learn How to Setup your Wifi Printer. | Courtesy of Telstra
Performance and Ease of Use
When you are buying a printer, you are given a few options, such as getting just the printer or a full package that includes a toner or ink cartridge system. Especially if this is your first printer, we recommend going for a bundle package and getting your printer together with black and color cartridges. Later on, you can replace or refill those cartridges (don’t throw them away because they can be recycled).
Another aspect you need to know more about is the actual printing speed. If you print just a few papers every day, this aspect is not that significant for you, but if your company requires hundreds of printing jobs daily, you'd better go for a fast printer. To give you numbers, some high-end multifunction wireless printers can print up to 30 black and white pages per minute. The speed for color printing jobs is usually slower, but even that can also be up to 20 pages per minute, which is really impressive! Lastly, remember that your precious device is backed by warranties offered by the manufacturer, so get more details about the warranty period to know exactly for how long you're covered.
Get the Best Wireless Printer of 2020!
Everyone can have their own wireless printer at home and print everything from shopping lists to full-color pictures by just pressing a couple of buttons. Some of the best wireless printers out there allow you to print directly from your mobile or tablet, so why shouldn’t you enjoy this convenience?
Our Top Choice
Epson WorkForce Wireless Color Printer
Samsung Xpress Wireless Monochrome Printer
Brother All-in-One Wireless Printer
Canon imageCLASS Wireless Printer
HP Envy Photo All-in-One Wireless Printer
Wireless Printer FAQs
What is the best wireless printer?
The best wireless printer is one that can do all the work using minimal ink and paper. Its design means it connects to a computer, tablet, or phone wirelessly via the internet. Therefore, it should be capable of printing remotely. If you want a specific technology, then you could choose a laser or inkjet printer
. It all depends on the kind of work you have and your likes.
What is the best wireless printer for photos?
The best wireless printer for photos is one with color capabilities. It doesn’t matter whether it is a laser or inkjet printer. We have a review
of some the best wireless printers in the market today.
Who makes the best wireless all-in-one printer?
Several companies make the best wireless all-in-one printers. Examples include Epson, Samsung, Brother, Canon, and HP. However, it is not much about the manufacturer but the unique characteristics of each printer model.