Every woman deserves soft, smooth, and attractive skin that gives her an attractive look. Unfortunately, most of us must battle with unwanted hair for the better part of our lives. If it’s not our underarms, it’s the bikini area hair or the fur-like hair on our legs and arms. This makes many ladies brave painful hair epilation methods such as waxing just to keep smooth skin for longer. If waxing isn’t your thing, then a quality women’s electric razor will do the trick.
Women’s electric shaving machines come in a variety of shapes depending on their power source and head design. Each of the designs comes with unique features that give you an edge, depending on the circumstances for which you are using the shaver. For instance, cordless
electric shavers allow you to use them anywhere without the need to be close to a power source. On the other hand, corded
shaving machines give you limitless operating hours as long as you are connected to a power source.
Besides enhancing your personal hygiene, hair shaving makes you look more beautiful, especially when in your lingerie
, thus helping you to spice things up in the bedroom. It also gives you the courage to step out with confidence knowing that no one will give you funny looks because of excess hair. This comes in handy, especially when swimming or sunbathing as much of your skin is exposed.
In order to reap maximum benefits from your electric shaver, you may need to invest in a magnification mirror that will enable you to easily identify areas that aren’t cleanly shaven. This is important, especially where you have hair on your face and need to apply makeup. There are also products such as Shea butter
and other body moisturizers that keep your skin healthy and soft.
While we were doing our research for the best electric razors, it was hard to narrow it down to just 5, so we wanted to give honorable mention to Braun
, a brand that makes several women’s electric razors, epilators as well as men’s razors.
The price of a women’s electric shaver depends on its type and other design features that affect its performance. For example, a small battery-powered shaver with a single-foil head design costs about $20. On the other hand, the cost of a high end, multi-speed razor that’s built for dry/wet shaving and has additional features, such as massage head attachment and smart illumination, can go over $100. On average, you can expect to pay around $35 to $50 for a decent quality wet and dry razor, if you don’t need all the bells and whistles.
This doesn’t mean that you won’t come across cheap women’s electric razors. You will, however, need to be keen when buying such shavers as they are likely to perform dismally owing to their low-quality design. The good news is that the products featured in our review aren’t among the low-quality design group, hence no need to panic.
When shopping for an electric shaver, some of the key concerns include safety and efficiency. This is because you’re seeking to shave the hair on sensitive parts of your body. You don’t want to hurt yourself and leave your beautiful skin with scars. It’s thus important to find a shaver with features that seek to meet your needs.
Here are the important features to look for in a women’s electric shaver:
- Is it corded or cordless?
- What is it made of?
- What are its dimensions and weight?
- What is its shaving head design?
- What is its power source?
These features will help you pick a shaver that meets your needs and is within your budget.
Construction and Design
When looking at the construction and design of your potential electric razor, we suggest you look out for a few key things. These are: its material and design, its head design, whether it’s corded or cordless, and what conditions it’s best for use in (wet or dry). Let’s take a look at each in more detail.
- Material/Design - Most electric shavers feature a durable plastic body and stainless-steel cutting surfaces. The leading brands strive to provide ergonomic body designs with operating buttons strategically placed for easy operation.
- Head Design - When it comes to its head, a shaver can have single or multiple blades that are designed to move from side-to-side in a back-and-forth motion, thus creating cutting action on protruding hair when moved across the skin. It can also feature circular cutters with rotating contacts that pull the hair onto the cutting surfaces. These are the rotary shavers and produce a cutting action only when moved in a circular motion on the skin.
- Corded or Cordless - Cordless electric shavers depend on batteries for operation. Some use rechargeable batteries, while others are designed to run on disposable dry cells. A corded razor connects to the electric mains and the length of its cord limits how far from the power source you can use the device.
- Best Conditions - Now, when shaving, you can decide to do it under wet or dry conditions. While some shavers are only built for dry shaving, others feature superior designs that allow you to use them on wet skin. It’s thus upon you to choose a device that suits your shaving style.
Performance and Ease of Use
Maintaining personal hygiene is a daily affair that you need to carry out even when you’re away from home. This means that hair removal is not just meant to be done at home, but also when you’re away on business trips, holiday getaways, and so forth.
Women’s electric razors are lightweight and run on batteries, and therefore provide you with a solution to your hair problems when away from home. This is because their portable and small-sized design makes them easy to pack with other personal items. It’s also important to note that multi-speed shavers provide you with fast and slow operating modes, thus allowing you to shave even when you’re under tight time constraints.
If you’re interested in a smooth and close shave, then rotary shavers deliver better results than foil razors. This is associated with their pulling action that ensures that hair is cut as close as possible to its base.
Moreover, ergonomically designed razors are easy to handle and are comfortable on hands, thus allowing you an effortless shaving experience. So, as you shop for an electric razor for ladies, see how the shaver of your choice will make shaving simpler, faster, and, above all, cleaner.
Armed with the knowledge of the key features to look for when selecting an electric razor, we can confidently examine the selected ladies’ electric shavers in the market. You will be pleased to know that each of the chosen shavers has striking benefits in terms of efficiency, value, and adaptability.
Thank you for reading our review on the best women’s electric razors. We hope that besides being enlightened about available brands in the market, you’ve also found a ladies’ shaver that suits your needs. If you wish to find out what else the selected brands have to offer, feel free to follow the links on this review page for more information.